General Discussion

Lenovo IdeaPad U430

2 Replies Laptops Last Reply: 3 years ago 2 Users

I want to buy IdeaPad U430 laptop in US. This is not yet launched in India and hence warranty is not covered in India. Want to take advise of experts whether I should go ahead and purchase this laptop or not. I learned from Lenovo service personnel that if this series of laptop launched in India in future then warranty will get covered in India as well. If not then I need to send it to US for any service. Please advise if this is a good option to buy. Do you have any idea when it will going to launched in India?

KH
By Kunal Howal
Posted On: Jan 19, 2015 07:16 AM
Displaying 2 of 2 replies
Sort By:
Recent
Big no to Lenovo
Updated Jan 08, 2021 10:10 AM
Hi reader, I bought Lenovo Ideapad laptop from Brand showroom in Nehru Place(New Delhi) for approx. INR 40000. To be safer side I bought additional warranty for 3 years for INR 999. The journey became very very unfortunate. Being handled very carefully, the base body ejected due to tight hinges within a year. Customer service was very clear that this is a payable repair and I need spend approx. 14000 for this repair. At the same time, Webcam stopped working. Laptop was still in warranty period, but Customer care informed very clearly first get repaired body issue then we will send technician for Camera check. I have tried to connect to high ups, but no one reverted. So, pathetic hardware and worst Customer care service. Now I looking for another laptop, probably HP or Dell. So, never buy Lenovo else you will regret. I thought I should warn the prospective buyers. However you are free to take your decisions. You can connect to me for more clarification.
Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
9 Years Ago
The information you got from a service person doesn't sound right. According to Lenovo's website, the IdeaPad U430 is
Updated Jan 20, 2015 01:08 PM

The information you got from a service person doesn't sound right. According to Lenovo's website, the IdeaPad U430 is covered by an international warranty and all service centres around the world are obligated to honour that regardless of whether it is or when it becomes available in any market.

If the information on Lenovo's site is accurate, you're covered. It might be difficult for them, and spare parts might not readily be available, but they cannot refuse to take it in, examine it and fix basic problems.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/iwslookupidea

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht074528

"Lenovo IdeaPad Limited International Warranty Service (Referred as "IWS") provides customers with warranty service even if they relocate their IdeaPads to another country. This warranty service is available wherever Lenovo or Lenovo resellers sell and service your particular machine type." .... "Service procedures may vary by country, and some service and/or parts may not be available in all countries. Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service."

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.