General Discussion

My Nexus 5 Crashed because of Lollipop 5.0.1

1 Reply Talk About Anything Last Reply: 9 years ago 1 User

I've had a rather bad experience with the Nexus 5 in the last few days. The 5.0.1 update crashed my phone and now, i'm not even able to get into the bootloader menu. When I took it to an authorized service centre, they said i'd have to replace the motherboard at my expense. I asked who i can contact about it, they said Google.
When i called google, they told me that since i didn't buy the phone on the play store, they can't help. Now that doesn't make sense to me. It is a Google phone. And the operating system, made by Google, is what messed up my phone. Why aren't they taking responsibility for it? How can they choose what phones can be repaired and what can't? Have they suddenly become elitist like Apple? I asked around and many of my friends and their friends have also faced similar problems.
I went to the Nexus forums, and found the same. Has anybody here had similar experiences?

KJ
By Kashyap Jaishankar
Posted On: Jan 14, 2015 09:52 AM
Displaying 1 of 1 reply
Sort By:
Recent
I also updated to L 5.0.1 but didn't face any issue, as of now. I got it from one of my friend in US. However I don't
Updated Jan 19, 2015 01:56 PM

I also updated to L 5.0.1 but didn't face any issue, as of now. I got it from one of my friend in US.
However I don't use lollipop much, I am on CW11 with multirom and pretty happy with it.
I bet it's more related to SW issue rather than hardware. Have you tried flashing using adb?

Reply Report Share
Is this review helpful?
Create a new discussion
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2024. All rights reserved.