China 'Highly' Commends Trump's 'Positive Remark' on ZTE

Advertisement
By Agence France-Presse | Updated: 14 May 2018 16:17 IST
Highlights
  • China on Monday praised US President Donald Trump for his offer
  • We highly commend the positive remark from the US: foreign ministry
  • Fate of ZTE has become a key part of talks between US and China

China on Monday praised US President Donald Trump for his offer to prevent Chinese telecom giant ZTE from collapsing due to a US technology ban, ahead of high-level trade talks this week.

"We highly commend the positive remark from the US on the ZTE issue and now we are communicating with the US side on the details," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Lu Kang told a regular press briefing.

The fate of ZTE has become a key part of the talks between the worlds' top two world economies, with Chinese officials protesting the ban during discussions with top US officials in Beijing earlier this month.

Advertisement

Trump's announcement comes ahead of a visit by China's top economic official Liu He to the US for a new round of talks starting Tuesday.

Advertisement

"Vice Premier Liu He will visit the US from May 15 to May 19 to continue consultations with the US economic team on Sino-US economic and trade issues," Lu said, confirming the dates of the previously announced trip.

"The two sides will work together to ensure a positive and constructive outcome during the upcoming consultations."

Advertisement

The US has threatened tariffs targeting $150 billion (roughly Rs. 10.14 lakh crores) in imports from China, while Beijing has warned $50 billion (roughly Rs. 3.37 lakh crores) in US goods are in the firing line.

 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Further reading: Telecom, Mobiles, US, ZTE, Donald Trump, China, ZTE Ban
Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. OTT Releases of the Week (Feb 16 - Feb 22): Know What to Watch This Weekend
  2. Motorola Edge 70 Fusion India Launch Teased; Might Launch With This Chip
  3. Xiaomi Teases a New Computing Device, New Tablet Expected to Launch Soon
  4. Here's When Xiaomi Will Launch the Xiaomi 17 and Xiaomi 17 Ultra Globally
  5. First User Report of iPhone Air's C1X Modem Failure Surfaces Online
  6. Tipster Leaks Details of the Oppo Find X9 Ultra, Vivo X300 Ultra Cameras
  1. Google Pixel Call Recording Reportedly Available in Additional Regions Ahead of Global Expansion
  2. Oppo Find X9 Ultra, Vivo X300 Ultra Leak: Tipster Shares Details of Anticipated 200-Megapixel Cameras
  3. Redmi A7 Could Launch Soon as Handset Bags Thailand’s NBTC Certification
  4. Poco X8 Pro, Poco X8 Pro Max Design and Colour Options Seen in Leaked Renders
  5. Hello Bachhon OTT Release Date: When and Where to Watch Vineet Kumar Singh Starrer Online?
  6. Xiaomi Teases India Launch of New Computing Device; New Tablet With Keyboard or Laptop Expected
  7. Realme C83 5G India Price, RAM and Storage Configurations Leaked Online
  8. Xiaomi 17 Series Global Launch Date Announced; Xiaomi 17, Xiaomi 17 Ultra Expected to Debut
  9. Google Blocked 266 Million Risky App Installs, Prevented 1.75 Million Policy-Violating Apps in 2025
  10. Motorola Edge 70 Fusion India Launch Teased on Flipkart; Leaked Marketing Image Hints at Snapdragon 7s Gen 4 SoC
Gadgets 360 is available in
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.