Between pulling the plug on Find Friends Nearby
and changing your email address
, Facebook developers found enough time to release an update to their popular Facebook Messenger app.
Facebook Messenger 1.8 brings a host of new features to iOS and Android platforms, including the ability to quickly switch between multiple conversations using in-app notifications. This feature is sure to come in very handy for heavy users of the app. Other major updates include ability to share bigger photos with your friends, as well as ability to add "friends of friends" to a conversation.
The app has become very popular since its release, with many people using it as an alternate to SMS or text messaging.
The app is available as a free download for iOS
platforms.What's New in Version 1.8
Now with more great ways to stay in touch on the go:
- Quickly switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications
- Include friends of friends in conversations
- Swipe to delete individual messages from conversations
- See who's available when you start a new conversation
- Share bigger photos, tap for full screen and pinch to zoom
- Faster app loading, navigating and sending
- More-reliable push notifications