Battlegrounds Mobile India Postpones PUBG Mobile Data Transfer Temporary Shutdown to July 9

Battlegrounds Mobile India recently came under fire for sharing user data with servers in China and other countries.

Advertisement
By Vineet Washington | Updated: 6 July 2021 11:14 IST
Highlights
  • Battlegrounds Mobile India is currently only on Android
  • The game was officially launched on July 2
  • Battlegrounds Mobile India lets you transfer data from PUBG Mobile

Battlegrounds Mobile India is the Indian version of PUBG Mobile

Battlegrounds Mobile India will postpone the temporary shutdown of its PUBG Mobile data transfer service to July 9, developer Krafton has announced. Last week, the company announced players will be temporarily unable to transfer their data over from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India starting July 6 until further notice. Data transfer lets gamers who played PUBG Mobile carry forward their data including achievements, currency, inventory, and more to Battlegrounds Mobile India so that they don't lose all the progress they have made.

Battlegrounds Mobile India went into early access last month and players were allowed to carry over their data from PUBG Mobile using the in-game service within Battlegrounds Mobile India. Last week, Krafton announced that it will have to temporarily shut down this service starting July 6 due to some maintenance with no date for when the service will be restored. Now, the developer has announced on the Battlegrounds Mobile India website that the date has been extended to July 9. It has not shared a reason for the delay or when it will be restored.

Data transfer service pops up when you log in to Battlegrounds Mobile India for the first time and you can check out our guide on how to do so. It came as great news for players who had invested countless hours in PUBG Mobile as they wouldn't have to start from scratch. However, there were some concerns of the game sharing user data with servers in China, Hong Kong, US, and Moscow. Krafton acknowledged these concerns and pushed a small update to remove Chinese servers from data sharing. It also said that data is shared with third parties to enable specific features in the game.

Advertisement

It is still unclear if these data sharing concerns are the reason behind the temporary shutdown of the service. Regardless, players have till July 9 to transfer their data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India or they will have to wait indefinitely.

Advertisement

Krafton recently detailed its investment plans for India and said that it has already made $22.5 million (approximately Rs. 167 crores) investment in NODWIN Gaming and $9 million (approximately Rs. 67.13 crores) in Loco. The goal for the company is to invest $100 million (approximately Rs. 746 crores) in India to "cultivate the local video game, e-sports, entertainment, and IT industries.”


We discuss the return of PUBG Mobile, sorry, Battlegrounds Mobile India on Orbital, the Gadgets 360 podcast. Orbital is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music and wherever you get your podcasts.
Affiliate links may be automatically generated - see our ethics statement for details.
 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. Samsung Galaxy S26+ Reportedly Listed for Sale Online Ahead of Launch
  2. Vivo X300 FE Reportedly Bags IMDA and TUV Certifications Ahead of Launch
  3. Xiaomi Civi 6 Could Launch in China Soon With Customisable AI Shortcut Key
  4. iPhone 18 Series May Arrive Without a Physical SIM Slot in This Region
  5. Apple to Reportedly Launch Low-Cost MacBook in 'Playful Colors' in March
  1. Sony Could Reportedly Delay PS6 to as Late as 2029 Due to RAM Shortage
  2. iPhone 18 Series to Drop SIM Card Slot in Europe to Make Room for Slightly Larger Battery: Report
  3. Poco X8 Pro Spotted on Geekbench With MediaTek Dimensity 8500 Ultra SoC, Android 16
  4. Xiaomi 17, Xiaomi 17 Ultra Global Price Details, Launch Date and Colour Options Leaked
  5. X Building Smart 'Cashtags' to Let Users Check Cryptocurrency Prices in Real-Time
  6. Samsung Galaxy A27 5G Listing on IMEI Database Suggests a Galaxy A26 Successor Is on the Way
  7. Anthropic Inaugurates First Indian Office in Bengaluru, Starts Hiring Local Talent
  8. Apple Tipped to Adopt Samsung's Privacy Display Technology for MacBook Models by 2029
  9. Oppo Find X10 Series Tipped to Launch in H2 2026 With Built-In Magnets for Wireless Charging
  10. AMD and TCS to Co-Develop Helios AI Data Centre Architecture, Deliver 200MW Data Centre Blueprint
Gadgets 360 is available in
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.