Several PS4-exclusive games from Sony have received a price drop in India. Multiple retailers speaking to Gadgets 360 have confirmed that the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War 3 Remastered, and others will now be available at a lower price. Granted, some of these titles such as Infamous Second Son and Horizon Zero Dawn have already seen similar discounts, this time they're permanent and official with Sony's blessing. Aside from being available at offline game stores, the usual suspects such as Amazon and Games The Shop should have these listed online shortly.
Sony India plans to market them under the moniker of 'PlayStation Hits' but the games themselves won't have any special branding - they will look like normal PS4 physical games. This has collectors breathing a sigh of relief as Sony's past budget ranged were specifically marked as such, possessing colour schemes such as grey and yellow that didn't sit well on the shelf of many a PlayStation fan.
PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X - Which One Should You Buy?
Sony PS4 games at Rs. 1,499 in India
- Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition (previously Rs. 3,999)
- Everybody’s Golf (previously Rs. 2,499)
- God of War 3 Remastered (previously Rs. 2,750)
- Gravity Rush Remastered (previously Rs. 2,499)
- Gravity Rush 2 (previously Rs. 3,999)
- Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls Collection (previously Rs. 2,750)
- Infamous Second Son (previously Rs. 3,999)
- Wipeout Omega Collection (previously Rs. 2,750)
- The Last Guardian (previously Rs. 3,999)
- Until Dawn (previously Rs. 3,999)
Sony PS4 games at Rs. 2,499 in India
In the past, Sony has made similar moves. The PS2 era saw a slew of exclusives like the original God of War as well as Ratchet and Clank available at a low price of Rs. 499. During the PS3's heydays, titles like MotorStorm and Killzone 2 saw price shift to Rs. 999. Considering that high-speed Internet isn't as prevalent as it should be in India, it's nice to see Sony keep those who prefer physical copies in mind.