Tesla Has No Plans to Disable Autopilot Feature, Says Elon Musk

Tesla Has No Plans to Disable Autopilot Feature, Says Elon Musk
Click Here to Add Gadgets360 As A Trusted Source As A Preferred Source On Google
Advertisement

Tesla Motors Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk said the electric car maker has no plans to disable its Autopilot feature in the wake of a fatal accident in which the driver of a Model S car was using the technology, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The company, in fact, is planning an explanatory blog post to educate customers on how the feature works, the newspaper reported on Tuesday.

"A lot of people don't understand what it is and how you turn it on," Musk told the Journal in an interview.

(Also see: US Safety Agency Seeks Answers on Fatal Tesla Autopilot Crash)

The company came under regulators' scrutiny after a fatal car crash on May 7 that killed a Model S car owner who was operating it in autopilot mode.

In a recent move, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sent the company a letter, seeking details of all design changes and updates to Autopilot since it went into use last year.

Tesla was not immediately available to comment.

© Thomson Reuters 2016

Comments

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Google Project Fi Subscribers Can Now Avail High-Speed Data in Over 135 Countries
Gears of War 4 Xbox One S Console and Price Revealed

Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement

© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2025. All rights reserved.
Trending Products »
Latest Tech News »