PewDiePie to Take a Break From YouTube Next Year as He Feels ‘Very Tired’

PewDiePie has said that he will be away next year for a little while.

Advertisement
By Aman Rashid | Updated: 16 December 2019 15:16 IST
Highlights
  • PewDiePie will be taking a break from YouTube
  • He made the announcement in one of his recent videos
  • He will explain all of this in a later video

PewDiePie is currently the second largest YouTube channel by subscribers count

Photo Credit: YouTube/ PewDiePie

Famous Swedish YouTuber and comedian, PewDiePie has announced in one of his recent videos that he will be taking a break from YouTube in early 2020. PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, currently has 102 million subscribers on his YouTube channel and was recently only overtaken by the popular Indian music label, T-Series which now has 121 million subscribers on YouTube. Apart from taking a break, PewDiePie has also been involved in recent times in controversies around accusations of racism and anti-Semitism.

As can be seen in the video, PewDiePie says, “I think now is a great time, I need to announce, I have a special announcement to make. I am taking a break from YouTube next year. I wanted to say it in advance because I have made up my mind. I am tired, I am feeling very tired, I don't know if you can tell.” He further added, “Just so you know, early next year, I will be away for a little while. I will explain that later but I wanted to give a heads-up.” Now, we can only wait for the explanation to come from the YouTuber himself. But we can say that because PewDiePie has millions of subscribers, he can afford to take a break. Otherwise, small YouTubers who don't have enough subscribers don't have the liberty to make such a decision.

Advertisement

Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg has been a controversial figure over the years. In 2017, Disney had cut ties with PewDiePie after the famous YouTuber had used Nazi references or anti-Semitic imagery in one of his live stream videos. Following which, he did accept that the material was indeed derogatory and offensive but he did not support any kind of hateful attitudes. Additionally, later that year, in another live stream video, he apologised for his disrespectful comments.

Apart from this, earlier this year, the gunman behind New Zealand's mosque massacre shootout that saw 49 people killed, live-streamed the footage of the attack on Facebook. At one point the gunman could be heard saying, "Remember lads, subscribe to PewDiePie." Following this, the famous YouTuber said that he felt absolutely sickened having his name uttered by the gunman. He also added, “My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy.”

Advertisement

PewDiePie aka Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg was the first individual to hit the 100 million subscribers count on YouTube. As we mentioned above, PewDiePie is currently the second biggest YouTube channel in terms of subscribers count right behind T-Series.

 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Further reading: PewDiePie, YouTube
Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. Motorola Edge 70 Pro+ Confirmed to Launch in India Soon in These Shades
  2. Realme 16T 5G Camera Specifications Confirmed Ahead of May 22 India Launch
  3. How to Claim PF Online Without Employer Approval Under New EPFO Rules
  4. Here Are the Best Smartphones in India Under Rs. 30,000
  5. Red Magic 11S Pro and Red Magic 11S Pro+ Go Official With Up to 8,000mAh Battery
  1. SpaceX Dragon Capsule Reaches ISS Carrying 6,500 Pounds of Supplies
  2. YouTube’s Likeness Detection Tool Is Now Available to All Adult Creators
  3. Vi Postpaid Users in India Can Choose New International Roaming Plans From Rs 649
  4. Red Magic 11S Pro, Red Magic 11S Pro+ Launched With Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5 Leading Edition SoC: Price, Specifications
  5. Satrangi: Badle Ka Khel OTT Release Date Revealed: Know Everything About Plot, Cast, and More
  6. Prasanth Pandiyaraj’s Warrant OTT Release Details Revealed: Know When and Where to Watch it Online
  7. Realme 16T 5G Camera Specifications Confirmed Ahead of May 22 India Launch
  8. Realme 16 Series Gets Price Hike in India; OnePlus, Poco and Lava Also Revise Rates
  9. Verus Ethereum Bridge Reportedly Suffers from $11.5 Million DeFi Hack
  10. The Travellers Now Streaming on Netflix: Know Everything About This Australian Drama Film
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.