Myntra's U-Turn Comes Full Circle With Desktop Site Relaunch on June 1

Advertisement
By Sriram Sharma | Updated: 4 May 2016 11:43 IST
Highlights
  • Myntra had shown signs of a reversal with a mobile website last year.
  • It had switched since the majority of its users were on mobile.
  • Myntra had said 63 percent of all purchases happen on its app.

A year after going app-only, fashion e-tailer Myntra completed the u-turn on its decision by announcing that it will be relaunching its desktop website on June 1.

Myntra, owned by e-commerce firm Flipkart, had shut down its mobile and desktop website a year ago, when it claimed that 85 percent of its users and around 63 percent of all purchases happen on the app.

On relaunching the desktop site, Myntra CEO, Ananth Narayanan said that the premise for an app-only strategy was based on mobiles enabling tailored experiences, and being the future of computing.

Advertisement

"Despite many clear positives, we've decided to revisit our decision. The biggest reason is that the feedback from consumers, especially women. According to our data, women customers, who are a key area of focus for us, in particular, want to have the option of shopping across channels. In addition, as we enter the next phase of our rapid growth, we're launching home furnishing and jewellery where viewing intricate patterns lead to better purchase decisions," Narayanan said.

Advertisement

Myntra had already shown signs of changing course on its app-only move, with a partial launch of its mobile website in December 2015, which was later extended to cover purchases.

"At Myntra, we've always believed in taking bold calls and pushing innovation forward. We tried to do this last year because we thought we can offer consumers a much better experience on the mobile. While that is still true that the mobile experience is far superior to the web, we have recognized that some consumers still want the option to shop on the web and we're humble enough to listen to our customers," he added.

 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. Samsung Galaxy S26+ Reportedly Listed for Sale Online Ahead of Launch
  2. Poco X8 Pro Spotted on Geekbench With This Dimensity 8000 Series Chipset
  3. Vivo X300 FE Reportedly Bags IMDA and TUV Certifications Ahead of Launch
  4. Apple to Reportedly Launch Low-Cost MacBook in 'Playful Colors' in March
  5. Xiaomi Civi 6 Could Launch in China Soon With Customisable AI Shortcut Key
  6. Xiaomi 17 Series Leak Hints at Imminent Launch Ahead of MWC at These Prices
  1. Sony Could Reportedly Delay PS6 to as Late as 2029 Due to RAM Shortage
  2. iPhone 18 Series to Drop SIM Card Slot in Europe to Make Room for Slightly Larger Battery: Report
  3. Poco X8 Pro Spotted on Geekbench With MediaTek Dimensity 8500 Ultra SoC, Android 16
  4. Xiaomi 17, Xiaomi 17 Ultra Global Price Details, Launch Date and Colour Options Leaked
  5. X Building Smart 'Cashtags' to Let Users Check Cryptocurrency Prices in Real-Time
  6. Samsung Galaxy A27 5G Listing on IMEI Database Suggests a Galaxy A26 Successor Is on the Way
  7. Anthropic Inaugurates First Indian Office in Bengaluru, Starts Hiring Local Talent
  8. Apple Tipped to Adopt Samsung's Privacy Display Technology for MacBook Models by 2029
  9. Oppo Find X10 Series Tipped to Launch in H2 2026 With Built-In Magnets for Wireless Charging
  10. AMD and TCS to Co-Develop Helios AI Data Centre Architecture, Deliver 200MW Data Centre Blueprint
Gadgets 360 is available in
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.