Christian Bale Pulls Out of Steve Jobs Biopic: Report

Advertisement
By Agence France-Presse | Updated: 4 November 2014 09:27 IST
British "Dark Knight" star Christian Bale has pulled out of a planned biopic of late Apple founder Steve Jobs, industry media reported Monday.

Bale the second actor to decline the role after Leonardo DiCaprio discussed the part with "Slumdog Millionaire" director Danny Boyle, but no deal was reached, according to industry journal Variety.

The Oscar-winning star had conflicting feelings about the role, and concluded that he simply wasn't right for it, sources told the Hollywood Reporter.

Advertisement

Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin announced last month that Bale had been chosen for the role. "We needed the best actor on the board in a certain age range and that's Chris Bale," he told Bloomberg Television.

Sorkin, who won an Academy Award for his screenplay for "The Social Network" about Facebook and its co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, said giving the lead role to Bale was an easy call.

Advertisement

"He didn't have to audition," said Sorkin, although the writer said "there was a meeting" before the British-born actor was given the part.

Sony Pictures is in discussions with US comic actor Seth Rogen to play Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, according to Variety.

Advertisement

The Apple  inventor's storied life already has been rendered on the big screen in last year's drama "Jobs" starring Ashton Kutcher, which received lukewarm reviews.

Bale received a best supporting actor Oscar in 2011 for his role in "The Fighter," in which he plays the older brother of a washed-up boxer struggling to revive his career.

Advertisement

The actor had a breakout performance as the lead actor in the 2000 movie "American Psycho," and also earned a lead actor Oscar nomination for his turn in last year's "American Hustle."

 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Further reading: Apple, Christian Bale, Steve Jobs
Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. Here Are the Best Smartphones in India Under Rs. 30,000
  2. Motorola Edge 70 Pro+ Confirmed to Launch in India Soon in These Shades
  3. Sony Hikes PlayStation Plus Price Hike Across Select Markets
  4. Realme 16T 5G Camera Specifications Confirmed Ahead of May 22 India Launch
  5. Realme 16 Series and OnePlus 15R Become More Expensive in India
  6. Google I/O 2026: How to Watch Keynote Live and What to Expect
  7. Vi Postpaid Users in India Get New IR Plans With Up to 30-Day Validity
  8. Xiaomi 17 Max, Band 10 Pro Will Launch on This Date: See Expected Specs
  9. Binance, WazirX, ZebPay Summoned by Parliament Panel Over VDAs
  1. Sony Hikes PlayStation Plus Price Hike Across Select Markets; Cites ‘Ongoing Market Conditions’
  2. Google I/O 2026 Starts Today: How to Watch Keynote Live and What to Expect
  3. SpaceX Dragon Capsule Reaches ISS Carrying 6,500 Pounds of Supplies
  4. YouTube’s Likeness Detection Tool Is Now Available to All Adult Creators
  5. Vi Postpaid Users in India Can Choose New International Roaming Plans From Rs 649
  6. Red Magic 11S Pro, Red Magic 11S Pro+ Launched With Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5 Leading Edition SoC: Price, Specifications
  7. Satrangi: Badle Ka Khel OTT Release Date Revealed: Know Everything About Plot, Cast, and More
  8. Prasanth Pandiyaraj’s Warrant OTT Release Details Revealed: Know When and Where to Watch it Online
  9. Realme 16T 5G Camera Specifications Confirmed Ahead of May 22 India Launch
  10. Realme 16 Series Gets Price Hike in India; OnePlus, Poco and Lava Also Revise Rates
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.