Mobile Internet Services Suspended in Parts of Haryana

Advertisement
By Press Trust of India | Updated: 18 March 2016 16:37 IST
Prohibitory orders were clamped and mobile Internet services suspended at many places in Haryana Friday as the state braced for possible renewal of the Jat quota agitation that had led to widespread violence claiming the lives of 30 people last month.

Mobile Internet services for 2G, 3G and 4G have been suspended for the time being in many sensitive districts, including Rohtak and Jhajjar, which were the epicentre of the recent Jat stir, officials said.

Prohibitory orders banning assembly of five or more persons have also been issued by some district authorities, including Sonipat, as a precautionary measure to maintain peace.

"There were some messages which were being circulated on WhatsApp about fake untoward incidents. Some messages were also forwarded on the mobile number of Rohtak's Superintendent of Police yesterday. We also rounded up few persons in this regard," Rohtak's Deputy Commissioner, Atul Kumar told PTI over phone.

Asked how long the Internet services will remain suspended, he said, "We will not prolong it. These are just precautionary measures."

Advertisement

Jhajjar's SP Jashan Deep Singh also said they had taken a similar step as such messages were being circulated.

"In order to prevent any wider circulation, we have taken the step to suspend the services for the time being," he said.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Haryana government was holding talks with Jat leaders here this afternoon on their quota demand.

All India Jat Aarakshan Sanghursh Samiti President Yashpal Malik said in view of their meeting with Haryana Chief Secretary and Director General of Police (DGP) the agitation will not be resumed.

Advertisement

"After meeting the top officials next course of action will be taken," he said.

Various Jat organisations had given a deadline of 72 hours on Monday threatening to resume their quota agitation if their demands were not met by the Manohar Lal Khattar government. The deadline ended Thursday following which the state government invited Jat leaders for talks.

Jats are demanding 10 percent quota in jobs and educational institutions, besides withdrawal of FIRs registered against the protesters, compensation to those killed during the stir and action against BJP MP from Kurukshetra Raj Kumar Saini for his "anti-Jat" reservation stand.

 

Get your daily dose of tech news, reviews, and insights, in under 80 characters on Gadgets 360 Turbo. Connect with fellow tech lovers on our Forum. Follow us on X, Facebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Catch all the action on our YouTube channel.

Further reading: 2G, 3G, 4G, India, Internet
Advertisement

Related Stories

Popular Mobile Brands
  1. BGMI Lite Pre-Registrations for Android Users to Open on August 25
  2. Poco M8x 5G Will Launch in India in These Colour Options
  3. Vivo's OriginOS 7 Leak Reveals New Glass Styles, Control Centre Tweaks
  4. iQOO Neo 11 Ultra Debuts With Dimensity 9500M Chip
  5. iQOO Z11S Launched With 10,000mAh Battery, 144Hz AMOLED Display
  6. Realme 17 Pro+ Display, Triple Rear Camera Details Surface Online
  1. Samsung Announces Galaxy Event for August 27 to Introduce ‘Newest Addition’ to Galaxy S26 Family
  2. PlayStation Pulse Elevate Wireless Speakers Price, Features Revealed Ahead of November 12 Launch
  3. Telegram Users Could Get Personalised .gram Domains if ICANN Approves
  4. Bybit Says It Prevented Over $700 Million in Losses After $1.46 Billion Hack
  5. Samsung Galaxy S25 Price Hiked in India by Up to Rs. 12,000: Here’s How Much It Costs Now
  6. Control Resonant's Physical Release Delayed to October as Game Goes Gold
  7. Vivo's Android-17 Based OriginOS 7 Could Get Liquid Glass UI and More Customisation Options
  8. Nexo Australia Begins Offering Credit Lines Against Cryptocurrency Collateral
  9. WhatsApp Could Soon Let You Expand Photos to 9:16 Format on Android Using Meta AI
  10. Poco M8x 5G Colour Options, Durability Details and More Announced Ahead of India Launch
Download Our Apps
Available in Hindi
© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2026. All rights reserved.